Monday, July 13, 2015

Week #1 MTC (neakphsopphsaaysaanaa (missionary)



Okay well week one in this mission has been pretty good! I feel really lucky to be in a place where you're surrounded by the spirit and amazing people all of the time. First things first, my companion. The amazing Sister Collins, seriously I feel so lucky to have her as a companion. She has such a sweet testimony, and funny story we are both criers. It's gets kind of hard she's from orem so it's pretty close to home which makes her super homesick, we've both gotten homesick but President Penrod said " I hope you all are homesick because how are you supposed to love the people on your mission if you aren't even missing the ones at home." He's really awesome! Always gives super good advice.


So my district is so amazing I'm seriously feel so lucky to be surrounded by such amazing people. Sister Collins and I are the only sisters in our district and in our zone there are only a total of 5 counting us. Plus Sister Maan. Okay Sister Maan seriously such an example and amazing person. she's from Myanmar and from her country only a total of 7 missionaries have served and two of them are her and her sister. Shes been here for ten weeks. She was on her way to thailand last week and had problems with her visa, so she couldn't leave. She came to the MTC not knowing english or thai so she's had to learn two languages, and she has! She's so great. Hopefully it works out with the visa if not she may have to serve state side instead. Even though anywhere she goes she will do amazing work.


So.. the language oh my goodness that language. it's crazy hard. In the romanized version which we are learning right now there are like backwards question marks and c and upside down a's and u's. Luckly our teacher Lookrum Garlik is amazing. He doesn't speak any english to us, so it's kind of frustrating sometimes, but it's getting better.... slowly but surly I guess. The language is what really gets me frustrated, but luckly we have personal study after the 6 total class time of khami so that's such a relief. Also brother weaver gave me great advice when I was interviewed by him on thursday, he said "you might not know how to speak cambodian but the holy ghost knows how to speak it perfectly. It was awesome such good advice.


Then we have our disscusion with our district and the spirit is always so strong while everyone shares their testimony. It's like having 7 brothers, we are already so close. And it's the same with Sister Collins and I we get along and work really well together I already love my zone and district so much. We have Elder Rom is our district who is cambodian and speaks it, so it's like a little miracle to have him there when we are working on the language. He's super encouraging and it's really nice and motivating.


After the interviews on thursday Sister Collins and I were called as the sister training leaders. So we will help all the sisters, help with new missionaries, and all that jazz. We have like 27 new thai missionaries coming in soon in like two weeks so we will help them when they come in. Really we just look after the other sisters and make sure everything is going well. We also are in charge of the relief society like picking people to teach and stuff. Since we only had three days to prepare I just gave the lesson this sunday on Faith. It went really really well, but I promise it's because of the amazing people here and how strong their testimonies are. Everyone said just make it to sunday and hey we made it!


There has been so many amazing experiences here already, but don't get me wrong it's hard, and it's going to be so so hard. It's going to be worth it. On sunday we went to a recorded devo from elder bednar and we all recieved a, in sister loftus's words "spiritual fatlip" we he said " Get over yourselves yeah it's hard but it's not about you! It's about the people" It was so amazing it really go us motivated for what's ahead.


We also have a Cambodian sister in the building that we live. She's so beautiful and so nice. She's really amazing. We love her already. It's crazy to already love the people who you haven't met yet, but I'm already gaining a stronger love for the people of cambodia I can't wait to share the gospel with them and let them know of the love that our heavenly father has for them.


Oh we taught our first investigator on friday, all in khami... We read it like a script it's really frustrating to want to say something but not having the words to say it. The second time we taught it was alot better. We taught Om Bon how to pray it's getting a little better everyday. There's no way we could do this... learn this language, and be here without the help of the lord. I'm so glad I got to email you guys!!!!


Love you so much fam! I'll try to send you some pictures.


Love




Sister Schwab


ps thanks for the dear elders I love them, and thanks for the jerky :)

No comments:

Post a Comment