Sunday, December 20, 2015

Christmas is Coming!



Monday:



We went ice skating! It was so much fun, the had like fake snow that fell and everything. It really felt like Christmas. Even though I suck at ice skating, haha I have like no balance whatsoever! That's okay though! It was super super fun! After ice skating we got to go see Bong Savon. I honestly just love her so much. She is such a sweetheart! We talked about baptism and have a date for her on January 17th. I am so excited for her. We also had a girl named Bong Liap that came and sat in on the lesson, so we decided to teach the entire lesson one again. The girl asked really good questions and we gave her a Book of Mormon. She wants to learn again, but her parents don't like the church so... it's a little hard. We got her number and we told her we would call her every time we come over to Bong Savon that way she can come if she can. She was super cool though, asked really good questions. She was great.



Ice Skating on P-Day

















Tuesday:






We picked up Sister Yin from the mission home. She is super cute and so so nice. She also knows a lot of English, but usually we speak Khmer with her all of the time. It's good though it's helping her with her English and me with Khmer. We are trying to help each other out haha. Sometimes it's hard because we don't understand each other, and then we try to think of a way to explain in the language, but it actually has been really good. Haha. She is super super nice though, she will be serving in the SLC Utah mission. I told her that I will make my Aunt Katy say Hi, and also if my family is up that they will stop and say hey and bring her food as well. So just so you know when she gets up there to Utah you need to look out for her!



Welcome Sister Yin






Companions





Wednesday:


We had english class. I gave the spiritual thought on Peter walking on water, and how that when we focus on christ we can overcome all of our trials in life. It went pretty well. That has turned into one of my favorite stories ever. I really do believe it to, when we focus on christ we can do anything, we probably won't have to walk on water, but the Lord is going to make it so we can accomplish anything! We the help of the Lord we can do anything! He is just waiting for us to reach out and take his hand! All we need to do is ask!



Srei Mao and I before English Class

Thursday:

We switched houses. We now officially have a house!! It's super nice too. The Levitt's for sure take care of us! Love them!



Sister Yin doesn't have a bike yet. 










Friday:

We went and visited Bong Sokphiak. She is a LA that is a return missionary. She is having a hard time right now because she got a divorce with her husband and she is raising two kids by herself. She is super awesome though I love her. She showed us her missionary pictures and she said that she is super happy that we have sisters in toul tom pong again. She says it makes her miss her mission sooooo much! You can tell that she really loved it a lot. I can't believe it's already been almost 6 months for me already! What the heck where has the time gone? It's gone by super fast already. crazy....



Sister Tao I love love love her



Lookpu and Charlie



Saturday:


We found the Bishops house. We shared the Christmas story with him and his family. His wife is a LA. I can tell how sad it makes him that his wife isn't coming to church.... I have a lot of faith in her though. I think she is going to start coming back. I am super grateful for our family and the church. I love you all so much, I can't imagine eternity without all you guys! It also makes me realize how lucky I am to help in God's work in helping families have the opportunity to live together forever. We are so lucky to have the knowledge of the gospel! I love it so much, and can't even put it into words! After that we had a Christmas party with Bong Savon, and i have never seen her so happy... :)



Companion bonding at district meeting





Christmas Party







Future Sister Missionaries


Sunday:

Sister Kimball was sick so we stayed inside all day, but we did end up going to church. Bong Sokphiak was there. The LA that we had visited. She hasn't been in a while so it was sooo good to see her. She came with both of her kids.





Christmas Party at Bong Savons

This week was crazy but great none the less. I hope you all have a great great christmas. Thanks for all of the emails and everything! I wish I could write everyone back but I am way short on time! Love you all and I wish you a Merry Christmas! Seriously love you all so so much. I can't wait to talk to you on Christmas!








Love


Sister Schwab

No comments:

Post a Comment