Monday, October 17, 2016

The Gospel is about looking forward



Alright so we are leaving early to head out the the Khets for zone conference today! We will be out in the Khets until Saturday, and then we will head back early to the city for a baptism on Sunday! Bong Sophia she will be getting baptized this coming Sunday!


Monday:

We went with Sister Semones and celebrated her gotcha day aka the day that she was adopted! Shoutout to Sister Semones! I am super grateful that her mom raised such an awesome girl! I learned so much from Sister Semones when I was her comp, she is literally one of the hardest workers I know and she has an amazing testimony of the gospel! She is truly amazing! We went out and had Chinese food with her to celebrate... turns out Chinese and Khmer food, yeah kind of the same haha! Then after that we just got things ready for zone conference!
Sister Semones Gotcha Day!

 





Tuesday:

Zone conference round 1 with North Stake it was good haha the first one is always the worst out the the 5 that we do. It's alright North Stake is awesome anyways they were good gini-pigs ... I don't remember how to spell that. After zone conference we came home and fixed our section of zone conference and then we went out and taught Bong Sophia about tithing. She was very willing to pay it... she is amazing and super ready to be baptized... it's crazy because we have been super busy so she has literally been waiting on us... so we decided we were going to see her at least four times this week so she could receive baptism on the 23rd. Bong Nih on the other hand has been super busy lately so she will have to wait two or three weeks to be baptized. It's okay though Bong Sophia is going to set a great example for her, and I know when she sees the growth that Bong Sophia is making will inspire Bong Nih even more.



Wednesday:

Zone conference round 2 a lot better then the first time that is for sure but we still felt like something was missing and we couldn't put our finger on it. We taught Bong Sophia about the priestood!
Then we had English class... also I got a goodbye gift on Wednesday from a member in TTP... I was like why so early and she said I was afraid because I don't see you anymore... I was like haha I still have like 2 1/2 months left!



Thurs:

Zone conference round 3, so the morning before this one we met with Sister Christensen and President Christensen and they gave us some ideas for teaching! Literally and answer to our prayers so we switched everything around and fixed it up and it was so much better! We are teaching about planning for zone conference! I will explain kind of what we did next week :) because we have two more zone conferences to go.


After zone conference we got everything ready for training the trainers for friday and then we taught Bong Sophia about Eternal Marriage!


Friday:

We trained the trainers and the new missionaries! The new missionaries are amazing! Honestly the Viet missionaries that came in they are going to make miracles happen I am telling ya! The have a fire and testimony that is going to make such a difference here! I love it!




Saturday:

We just taught like normal missionaries and it was awesome! In the morning we saw Ming Savon and taught her about the Book of Mormon we are trying to get her to start reading it again. We shared 2 Nephi 29:8-10 with her. Then we saw Om Sokha and taught her about tithing... she was super tired again and pretty much dozed off during the lesson for about 2 seconds and then when she came back she just laughed and said wow I am so sorry... I guess she is taking cold medicine that makes her super tired, but she is doing well! and progressing, she promised to pay tithing, and come to church! Then we saw Chadean, Lena, and Thera and taught them about the POS it was really good. I love teaching about the POS... it's such a neat experience teaching someone who they really are and about God's plan, and the potential they have there is really nothing like like! It's amazing! After that we saw Bong Sophia and prepped her for her baptism interview!  I can't wait to see her come out from that water cleansed from her sins and get to start a new life... one of my favorite things about the gospel is that you are always looking forward and never back! It's doesn't matter where you are at right now, all that matters is that you are improving.


Sunday:

Bong Sophia had her baptism interview, and she passes so she will be getting baptized next Sunday :) Church was great, after church we had a meeting with President to get this coming week all figured out. We will be out in the Khets all week. After the meeting we had FHE with Om Sokha's family... it's been so great to see them grow, now they are all coming to church together and we are helping them start doing FHE every Sunday! They are changing and becoming closer and it really is amazing to see!

Well that's pretty much it for this week, sounds like you had a fun week! I love you all!

Phillippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengthened me.

I have been studying a lot about grace this week, and I am really grateful for the enabling power of the atonement in our lives. I am grateful that Christ didn't only come here to die for us but also to suffer for us so that through him and his atonement we can be strengthened to do be better and do things that are far beyond our capacity to do. I have seen his help here in the lives of the people of Cambodia. I have wondered how they overcome their trials and hardships, I have wondered how they can be in the most difficult situations and still be happy... but now it makes sense to me. It's the atonement it's that grace that we receive every single day. That's was gets us through. I know that it's true our pain and suffering really can be swallowed up in the joy of the Savior. I love this gospel! I love sharing it!


Well I love you all so much!

Love
Sister Schwab

No comments:

Post a Comment