Monday, August 17, 2015

3 weeks to go!



Alright fam and friends

You know you've been here in the MTC for too long when the 6 weekers leave this week. Said goodbye to Johnny yesterday! Crazy it's gone by really fast though, we like get our flight plans next week! How crazy is that?! 9 weeks really is long... but short, it will be good I know I need these next couple of weeks to really improve and work at the language and everything. I'm crazy excited/ nervous. It's going to be so awesome though.


Goodbye Elder Drenth







Awkward handshake

Anyways so yes I got called out during the Nashville tribute band performance, and yes I was shocked when they called me out! Then I was like awe Uncle Danny, and then I thought you know i miss those guys... I really do have the best family ever!!!! Sorry everyone else but it's true. Yeah it was cool to get the shoutout though because when one missionary from the zone or district gets a shoutout we pretty much all get one because you know that's just how we work around here. Yeah thanks uncle danny for the shoutout love you too!! Love all of you!!! The performance itself was really awesome, I think it was so good for all the missionaries to just sit there relax and listen to the spirit through music you know. The MTC choir sang back up for I was Born, John, and we tried to sing along to the missionary tribute song.. key word there tried we were all crying... well at least the sisters were at least. I went up and talked to the singer who gave me the shout out and asked how he knew danny, he said he was going to be with him today so that's pretty neat. I feel super lucky to have been here when they performed because I don't know if that will ever happen again.

Bow

As for investigators we are just preparing Sophia for baptism on Saturday and Narack asked us " how do I become a member of the church?" and we were just like "well let us just tell ya" seriously the best question any person could ever ask ever! So this next week we will just prepare for his baptism date on next saturday and for those of you that don't know "investigators" they are just our lookkros so it's really just for practice, but still! Kind of neat!
We got to host on wednesday that was super fun to be on the other end of things. Although gosh all the sisters I helped were so gosh darn strong compared to how I was when I left you guys just trying to keep those tears inside as my throat burned. They were just chill with it! All the sisters I helped were really awesome, it's exciting to see all of these new missionaries that are going to go out and do such amazing things.

Temple Walk

TRC on saturday we taught the nicest old lady her name was Om Neak. She came here from Cambodia. She has three kids that have served one in south Carolina, one in Cambodia, and one in Korea. I mean come on how awesome of a family does she have. She told both of us to go and get her number from the front desk, and when we come back from Cambodia she is going to feed us all of this Cambodia food, and we have to come and visit her. She was seriously the sweetest then she gave us a group us before we left. Makes me excited to get out there, but goodness I wish I could understand more! I still have a lot that I need to learn first. The people from Cambodia are so humble and loving though. There's no where else I would rather be serving.
So remember Brother and Sister Moon the former presidents of Cambodia mission... Well guess who are new second counselor in the Branch Presidency is??? Yep you got it Brother Moon. How awesome is that?! We met them yesterday, they said that they really didn't want to leave Cambodia. Sister moon said " the first three month is like you hanging onto a bar going a round the world, and you feel like you are spinning super fast, and you just try to keep hanging on. Then after that you are still spinning just as fast it just doesn't feel that way. She said it really is the best, the people are humble, and need the gospel. She said just to take everything like an expierience with a really positive attitude. You can just tell how much her and her husband love love love the cambodian people and their mission. It's so great how they are going to be with us these next three weeks before we go.
Oh we also get to skype this today! Wish us luck... pray for us! Hopefully we will be able to understand, and teach with the spirit what they need to hear. It's pretty exciting though and pretty nerve racking. That's pretty much how i feel all of the time... it's awesome. I'm super grateful for the opportunity I have to be a missionary... I 'm really excited to see what the Lord has in store, I know it's going to be hard but I mean life is hard, everything is going to be worth it in the end, and I know the Lord is going to help us every step of the way! Well Love you everyone! So good to hear from you always!
Have a great week!
Love
Sister Schwab

No comments:

Post a Comment