Sunday, August 7, 2016

Welcome to the Office

Alright so I forgot my journal so this isn't going to be the best letter... so sorry everyone...


Monday:

We saw Sophia and shared Alma 18:6 with her about repentance... it was good! I love that scripture because I think it describes it perfect... it's like light peeling away the darkness from our eyes. Repentance gives us hope and happiness... it's gives us light! 
Cultural Pictures


English Class

Then we saw Muoy and read Alma 25:26-the end of the chapter with her. We talked about missions and the son's of Mosiah and their examples. She told us that every single time she thinks about missions "she is filled with the holy spirit" and she just wants to go right now! She is going to talk to the Branch President and get those mission papers started! I am praying she will be going to SV! It was cool though, we talked about how much she has changed since we got there. Before she was super nervous to give talk and share the gospel, but now she literally stood in front of 100 or more english students giving a talk, and she helps us pretty much every single day! She so amazing to see how much she has grown! 
She got locked in



Tuesday:

Well Sister Semones was feeling a little bit under the weather today, as was Sister Xiong so I went out with my kiddos... i went out with Sister Chanthakhoun and Sister Lines. We went and taught Ming Ponluu about the priesthood. It was so cool to teach with Sister Lines and Sister C, they have improved so much... I know the Lord has been helping them, they have both come to be amazing teachers. 

After Ming Ponluu we taught Srei Leak and all we did was watch the Restoration and then have a mini testimony meeting... it was so good though. Nothing brings the spirit like some pure testimony.
After that I ended up staying home with Sister Xiong... I did pace the house a lot... I have no idea what I am going to do when I get home... I can't just sit and do nothing haha... I think I am turning into dad! 

Companion

Kid


Wednesday:

We went out to Thida's house and read the Book of Mormon with her... those have become some of my favorite lessons... I seriously just love reading the Book of Mormon with people.
Then we met up with our investigator, and taught her some of lesson 1. She has a sickness where she faints and passes out a lot and has a really hard time remembering, BUT she is really trying and she has progressed a lot! It's bong Hiean. The one I contacted about 2 weeks ago. She is working hard, and she is now praying continually, plus she loves coming to church and comes to all three hours! We are going to keep working with her! Then we went out and saw Om Nye... we taught her about gratitude she is still pretty sick, but she really really likes it when we come and visit her! We read Alma 37:36-37 with her. 

Then we had our english class and I gave the spiritual thought about the Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, I had Nada stand up and bare her testimony about it! After the lesson we gave out 4 books! :) 
Sister Semones


He graduated from English class! 


Thursday:

We read in 3 Nephi 11:3-17 with her. It was really good, we are trying to strengthen her testimony of the resurrection right now. When we read it she said " I like it, I feel like Heavenly Father is telling me "Srei Leak the Resurrection is true, just have faith and believe! " It was awesome and i think it really helped her.. I am telling you just reading out of the BOM it has power! 

Then we went and got Sister Semones a new bike... so here is the funny thing on the way back we were on our way to a lesson and me and Sister Lines sort of got into a wreck, sadly enough it was our fault we literally just connected handle bars, and then she fell super hard I didn't fall but I ended up throwing my bike because I was stressing about her... but no worries because no broken bones or anything just some worried Lookpuu's and Ming's that's all! They all came to the rescue... that is one thing I love about the people here... if someone get's hurt everyone is on the road helping.. 

Pioneer Day Celebration



Friday:

ZONE TRAINING- learned a lot about how to be a PMG missionary and about just got reminded about how truly lucky we are to be here and be missionaries in Cambodia... I truly love it here.
Then we went and saw Ming Sroy and taught her burdens and trials. She is having a hard time because turns out her daughter is still a little sick, and she thinks God isn't helping her... we just helped her try to recognize the miracles that she has already had... he really has helped her a lot she just doesn't realize it! 

Then we taught Muoy and we just read about Abinidi, it has been one of my favorite memories just reading missionary stories with Muoy, it just reminds me how lucky i am to be out here. Plus it makes me way excited for Muoy to be able to experience all the miracles and growth that you get on a mission. Honestly everyone should go! it really is the best thing for your life... I wouldn't trade mine for the world. 


Nada has the coolest shirt


Saturday:

We had English class, and then we went to a Pioneer Party.. it was pretty chaotic... but it was good.. Nada brought her cousin who wants to learn, and she also gave us two other referrals... she is a champ haha! Seriously she loves sharing the gospel it's awesome! Also transfer calls rolled around again... this time I got the call on Saturday from President why on saturday? Because I am transferring on Monday to Chatamok and I will be Sister Senior Traning Leader and working some in the office. My comp is going to be Sister Or Max who is from Siem Reap! I am pretty excited... and I feel like I am for sure going to learn a lot haha! Just like every transfer I guess! I really grateful for the time I have had to serve here in Chomkamon! It has honestly been so fun, and gone by so fast... I love the people there... luckily I am not moving that far away! 

Goodbyes are so hard.



Sunday:

We taught Neri, Saden, and Dara our investigators all before church, and then after church we went on splits and taught our other 3 investigators... I am telling ya this area is doing so well right now, so many people with the desire to learn and are progressing towards baptism! I am sad to leave it! I have loved every second of it there, and seen so many miracles... I feel pretty lucky to be out here!
Thanks for everything! I love you all so much!!! HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!! 

ដាោយសេចក្ដីស្រឡាញ់
សីុំសើរស្វប់







No comments:

Post a Comment